- We regularly provide skippers to assist our customers with their yachts – for yacht deliveries as well as touristic cruises.
- We can supply skippers for: experienced sailors who just need a helping pair of hands; a less experienced sailors who require help with a long cruise or just need some expert knowledge; companies, families and other groups who need skippers for touristic and family cruises.
- We supply well experienced first mates to assist skippers or owners in planned passages and cruises. We can provide deckhands if there is a lack of crew, when there is a need of more experienced people on board or just an extra pair of hands is needed.
- We can send our crew anywhere within weeks or days to help our clients with their vessels, in cruises and other actions.
- Many of our skippers are also qualified sailing instructors. They can provide sailing tuition (individual or for groups) on many kinds of vessels – from small touristic sail and motor boats to tall ships – and support in learning for yacht owners and their crew.
- We can arrange sailing courses for small groups, individual tuition, comfortable examination conditions and certification.
When to hire a crew?
When you plan a yacht delivery or cruise, and you’re not sure if you can manage it without professional assistance. When you want to check new or newly bought boat and safely measure its capabilities. When there is a lack of crew on one of your cruises. When you want to gain some more experience in sailing or refresh your knowledge after break. When you plan a journey or passage in a new place or want to go for a holiday cruise and focus on your family and rest while letting someone run the yacht.
When you need help with your boat, when you’re not sure if you can manage a cruise without professional assistance, when you want to gain some more knowledge and sailing experience safely, when you go for a holiday cruise and want just to relax.
When you have insufficient crew for a cruise or delivery service, when your crew is unavailable because of sickness or other unexpected circumstances. When you need a professional crew to manage a commercial cruise or to test the boat before such cruise.
Meet Our Crew
SSYD is created by a group of sailing enthusiasts who have traversed seas for many years. Thousands of sailed miles – on small yachts, sea cruisers, and tall ships – have given us the experience and knowledge necessary to guarantee professional services.